The Buchenwald concentration camp memorial said on Thursday that seven trees in memory of the victims of the Nazi camp in East Germany had been cut down. “We are shocked by this targeted attack on this monument,” the Buchenwald and Mittelbau-Dora Memorials Foundation tweeted after its discovery this week. It posted photos of the trees cut about halfway down the trunk, saying it was “appalled at the deliberate attack on the memorial”. The foundation has filed a report with the police. Memorial spokesman Rikola-Gunnar Lüttgenau said the trees, which stood outside the actual site of the memorial, were dedicated to...